What you’ll learn
- Switches vs Hubs
- The difference between half duplex and full duplex data transmissions
- An explanation of IPv4 and IPv6
- Quality of Service (QoS) and how this works
- High level explanations of each layer of the OSI Model and how they relate to networking.
- 1 year or more of experience as an IT professional at a helpdesk support level
Over this course, you’ll learn some of the basic fundamentals surrounding computer networking and the OSI Model, topics include the following:
* Switches vs Hubs
* Half duplex and full duplex data transmissions
* IPv4 and IPv6
* Quality of Service (QoS) and how this works
* High level explanations of each layer of the OSI Model and how they relate to networking.
Also included are some real-world examples of how the OSI Model is applied in a corporate environment, as well as how troubleshooting tasks make use of this model.
Who this course is for:
- IT Support Technicians