What you’ll learn
- Develop your understanding of who you are; what your core purpose is, what your values are and what limits your success
- Identify how to manage your emotions and feelings more effectively to have the impact that you need
- Recognise the way that your regulate and control your emotions
- Assess and evaluate your behavioral preferences to become more self-aware
- Develop and build your emotional intelligence
- You should have an interest and understanding of emotional intelligence but no prior knowledge and experience is needed to benefit from the course.
- An interest in how to determine who you are and where your life is going.
- A willingness to learn more about yourself, your behavioral preferences and your personality type. This knowledge will help you to have a better understanding of others too.
Making sense of who you are in the world involves a good level of self-awareness; knowing your values and how your strengths and weaknesses can support you or limit you in your life.
How you manage yourself – your thoughts and your feelings – depends upon how you well you understand your emotions, how control them and how use them as you make you way through life.
It is one of the ways that you use your emotional intelligence. The course covers the awareness part of how you manage your inner world of being.
This course is a stand alone course for anyone interested in understanding themselves better and determining their core purpose, vocation or destiny in life. It forms part of a comprehensive course that explores emotional intelligence in more depth.
Emotions are not about being soft and fluffy, they are vital in help you to make hard, direct management decisions. Managing your emotions well can mean managing your life with more influence and impact.
In this course, we will explore the way that you manage your emotions and how this drives your self-confidence, your beliefs about yourself, and how you work with your life goals. You will also be taken through an understanding of your behavioural preferences to determine your personality type. This will give you more self-awareness, a better understanding of yourself and others and will help you to make sense of who you are in the world.
You’ll receive all the information that you need and will be coached using loads of practical hints that you can use straight away.
The course is made up of a series of lectures and contains downloadable resources. There are quizzes and a series of interactive practical activities that involve some engagement with other people and some reflection.
The course material makes up a one to two day workshop so is equivalent to 8 -12 hour’s training. It forms part of our advanced emotional intelligence course endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
PLEASE NOTE – This course is NOT for you if you are not prepared to work through the practical activities that make up a fundamental part of the course. Self-awareness cannot be developed through watching a few video lectures. The course requires you to do some reflective thinking, to get some feedback and to discuss your development with others. I’m afraid that you won’t get the best from the course unless you are prepared to do this.
There are SEVEN practical activities included within the course that are designed to help you to develop your self-awareness. All the activities require you do some work outside of the course.
- Reflecting about this Emotional Intelligence Course
- Assess your Self Perception
- Working with your Values
- Emotions and their Management
- Determine your Behavioural Preferences
- Defining your Life Goals
- Learning Review
The course is being continually refined and updated to ensure it remains current and relevant.
All PDFs are Section 508 / ADA Accessibility compliant.
All videos have grammatically correct English captions.
Latest update – February 2021
Who this course is for:
- This course will support the development of your emotional intelligence. It will be of interest to anyone who is looking to develop their self-awareness. It will help you to identify your values, your strengths and your weaknesses, and self limiting beliefs. It covers the aspects of emotional management that leads to good goal setting that leads you to your core purpose or vocation in life.
- This course will give you insights into your behavioral preferences based on the research of Carl Jung and others that is used in the Myers Briggs assessment.